Cutting cakes is not just limited to birthdays and anniversaries. High teas, brunches and garden parties call for serve ware that is decorative and makes the table setting more stylish. One such piece is a designer cake stand. And then, of course, there’s the wide variety of table coasters featuring gold tinted crystals, wooden leitmotifs like chevrons, hand-carved forms in marble, hand-painted wood, framed embroidered fabric, and more, for evening parties and getting together over drinks.
For those who love baking, another feather in your cap besides your delicious fare is a tasteful cake stand. This product comes in a variety of designs and sizes. Served beautifully, your sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, and other canapes and small eats look much more appealing and the presentation invites everyone to dig in right away.
Here are some amazing benefits of bringing home a designer cake stand –
1. A cake dome can be used as a table décor item by itself. You can use decorative cake stands like those featuring inlaid marble, agate with gold-painted outlines, or hand-hammered metal as centrepieces surrounded by flower petals, sparkles, and maybe even fake snow, and use other decorative items to style your feast table.
2. A cake stand makes for an elegant fruit stand. Whether tiered steel cake stands etched with floral motifs or silver plated aluminium silhouettes sporting a traditional look, it’s easy to place juicy fruit and showcase their refreshing, abundant presence on these accent pieces.
3. You can even use a cake stand to hold and display a basket of flowers or lush blossoms held together with a foam brick. This will become the highlight of your table setup and the resulting look adds energising pops of colour to the space.
Table coasters to enhance the visual interest of your table
Coasters may seem subtle, but their presence makes a world of difference to your coffee table, bar area and dining table. Though optional, coasters perform the important task of protecting your table from unwanted scratches, stains, and the damaging effects of a cup of hot liquid on the tabletop.
They also add aesthetic value in their own way, attracting the attention of your guests to their uniquely crafted features and speaking volumes about your refined tastes. You can mix and match and play around with different kinds of coasters to give your table a whole new look.
Table coasters are of different kinds:
1. Wooden coasters (with painted motifs or combined with other materials like polymer)
2. Chiselled marble coasters
3. Painted ceramic coasters
4. Coloured glass and/or cut-glass coasters
5. Carved terracotta coasters
6. Resin/ agate coasters
7. Aluminium coasters painted in gold and silver tones
To Sum Up
Nowadays the trend of using table coasters that are either handcrafted or painted on with traditional folk forms is very popular. Cake stands, meanwhile, are a very important aspect of utility-based decor for dining spaces.
If you’re having friends over for a special evening or relaxed brunch, check out luxurious coaster and cake stand designs on online platforms like Jaypore, Pernia’s Pop-Up Shop, Tata CliQ Luxury, AJio Luxe, and more.